- A lot of people will lose their jobs or have their hours reduced.
- Businesses will close and the jobs they created will disappear.
- This will affect small businesses heavily.
- Young people will lose that “entry-level” job opportunity.
- Having a entry-level position usually teaches an individual – new to the work force – basic responsibilities (e.g. showing up on time, working together with others, knowing how to follow instructions, providing customer service, etc.)
- No one can get the better job until they have their FIRST job.
- The cost of ALL workers will have to go UP.
- Increase in labor cost to workers – will lessen the profit of that business
- If there’s less profits – the unintended consequence is that the business will cut the hours (as referred above), hire less people, and not expand their business.
- Fewer people will open businesses.
- A company that does not exist never employs anyone.
- Prices for everything will go up
At the 1:10 minute mark.